Spring

Monday, December 14, 2009

We've Moved!

We officially moved into our new home yesterday! What a wonderful feeling...to be moved into "our home"!!! I didn't get too many pictures with how busy I was but I got this wonderful one of the kids. We had to take their beds apart the night before we moved so I had put Ryan to sleep on his own bed and then moved him to my bedroom floor and then the two older kids went to sleep on my bed to be moved to their floors once we were done working in their rooms. We went to move them so we could go to bed and this is what we found. All three sound asleep but laying on top of one another.


We need to give a huge thanks to all our friends and family who helped us. Grandma Bertasso came up and made it possible for us to be ready to move. (It is a lot harder to move when you are pregnant, I had forgotten this.) She packed my entire kitchen on Friday and then unpacked it in the new house on Saturday. She put together food storage shelves in the basement, and installed blinds. We also got a house warming gift of a new table and chairs...one that our family can actually fit around. Uncle Andrew and Aunt Jess also came up to help us with the packing and taking furniture apart and putting it back together the next day. Unlce Ryan came and helped us move along with Derrick and his wife, and then of course some awesome guys from Willowbrook ward. We also celebrated Hanuka. It is Bertasso family tradition to have Hanuka dinner on the first night of Hanuka...since this was Thursday before we moved it was not going to happen so we had Hanuka Sunday night with Grandma, Andrew and Jess, and our family. We had potato latkee's, homemade applesauce, ham (yes, I know that's not kosher), and then read the story of Hanuka and played Dradle. The kids had a blast...although we are all conviced that either grandma cheats or has been practing her spins since she won the whole pot about 12 turns in a row :).

No comments: