Spring

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Cookies

Being on a no chocolate and no dairy diet I have had to find some sweet treats to fill in for the chocolate and ice cream that I crave so much when I am nursing. I have discovered these two recipes in the last month or so and thought I would share them with all of you since I can't seem to get enough of them. I double both recipes because between me the kids and sharing with friends I go through them way to fast.

Drop Sugar Cookies

2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 large egg
2 tablespoons milk
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup butter
½ cup shortening

Preheat oven to 350 F
Sift Dry ingredients together
Cream butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy
Add egg and vanilla
Beat in dry ingredients until smooth
Belnd in Milk
Drop as normal cookies onto a foil lined cookie sheet
Bake for 8 minutes...do not over bake...if they start to turn brown they are starting to get over done.


Reese’s Double Peanut Butter Cookies
I found these at www.hersheyskitchens.com

½ cup butter
¾ cup sugar
1/3 cup Reese’s Creamy Peanut Butter (I just used what I had on hand)
1 egg
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ¼ cup flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup Reese’s peanut butter chips

Heat oven to 350 F
Beat Butter, sugar and peanut butter in large bowl until creamy.
Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
Stir together flour, soda, and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
Stir in peanut butter chips.
Drop by about ¼ cup of dough…this recipe makes 12 cookies.
Bake for 10 minutes.

No comments: