Hi all,
Well, I am looking for a chili recipe right now and I have no idea where to even start sorting out all the recipes avalible online. My husband loves chili and I would like to find a good recipe. I need all the input I can get, seeing I am not much of a chili fan myself (unless it is cincinnati chili!). Please help:)
4 comments:
OK....here it is.
Brown 2 pounds of ground beef. Add onions (or not) green peppers, celery if you want, red peppers etc. and brown. Drain off fat. Add 4 cans of kidney beans with juice. Season with chili powder, salt and pepper, then depending on how hot you want it, cheyenne pepper etc. SImmer for several hours! Not very specific! Sorry.
Oh, I forgot that you need to add tomato juice and sauce. A couple of cans until you have it the consistency that you like. All depends. Stars with the sauce and then add the juice if you want it soupier.
This is my all time favorite chili recipe. It's spicy, just the way I like it. If you like sweeter chili, I have a really easy recipe but I don't like it as much. Here's the good one.
Vegetarian Chili
1 small onion (chopped)
1 chopped red bell pepper
2 tablespoons minced jalapeƱo pepper
1 clove garlic, minced (I usually just use 1/8 tsp garlic powder)
1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
1 can black beans (14 1/2 ounce), rinsed and drained
1 can chili beans
1 can corn
1 small can tomato paste
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Put all ingredients in a large 5-6 quart crock pot and mix well. Cover; cook on low 4 to 5 hours. Garnish with sour cream and cheese, if desired.
Ok. Sorry this is a really delayed response but I was going to make some chili and just got out my recipe. It is basically your mom's recipe I think. I like it because it is simple and tastes good. If you ever need cincinnati chili packets, we can get them at the store here, so let me know.
Crockpot Chili:
2 lb ground beef, browned
1 C onion
1 green pepper
2-3 ribs celery
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
2 cans kidney beans
1 tsp pepper
3 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic salt
hot pepper to taste
Combine and cook 7-8 hours on low.
Post a Comment